Skip to main content

This Garden I Didn’t Know I Was Growing

 This garden I didn’t know I was growing

A garden with thorny roses that survived every storm,
Sunflowers that danced with their rainbow of friends,
And tulips that whispered hello with every passing breeze.

Growth doesn’t have to be pretty to be real.
Its roots have survived storms
I don’t even dare to look back at,
Lightning strikes I pray the heavens never send again.

Yet here stand the colours I’ve created
Shades shaped by imperfect attempts at perfection,
Colours made special because they’re flawed.
Because they’re mine.

So take a look…
I think I did a good job
I never knew my petals held this much quiet beauty.

It’s funny, you know
I was growing all along.
I just never stopped to notice it.
Never stopped to appreciate me.
Or the quiet privileges God gave me.

It’s never too late
to see,
to feel,
to bloom.


Comments